Friday, July 24, 2015

Quinn? Yes, Please!

I think I started in the middle, but I'm a highly functioning starter de middle girl.  I read Julia Quinn's Just Like Heaven and I chortled gleefully almost as much as I breathed.  I found Quinn by some Q&A deal in which she and several others were panelists with my cult favorite, Boyle.  To say that I liked the book is a gross understatement.  I loved it.  I think I went into it a bit prepared not to like it as much as Boyle's work, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I like Quinn almost as much as I like Boyle and I suspect that if I keep reading, I'll end up liking her as equally.  

The pace felt natural, the outcome not at all far fetched, and the characters were haha funny to me.  I have no clue if Lady Danbury is featured in any of the other stories, but I hope so.  I have a fondness for any character who can accidentally on purpose mangle something so beyond the possibility of repair while  brandishing a cane!

And as I am wont to do, I found delight in imagining the stories of a few secondary characters.  I'm pretty sure I'm dying to hear Colin Bridgerton's story, as well as Daniel's.  And then there's the governess turned impromptu pianist...I think she'll end up in the family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment