Friday, July 17, 2015

Fidget Like You Mean It!

So, I learned a few interesting facts today.  Things which are applicable to me.  I like to read. Pretty much everything.  Books, magazines, letters, articles, bumper stickers, etc...  Today, I was skimming through a few articles reference exercises for legs.  Yep.  Today was leg day.  Pretty much feel like I killed myself, but hey!  I'm still upright and there's a certain joy in not dying during leg day.  Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I somehow stumbled upon an article about fidgeting.  Much to the chagrin of my Mother, I'm a fidgeter.  Seriously.  I'm fidgeting as I type this entry.  My fidgeting has been a source of frustration to my Mother forever, but I always joked that it was good for me to fidget in a chocolate is from a plant and is therefore a salad type of way.  However, the article stated that fidgeting, by its very nature, causes you to burn more calories throughout your day.  I was thrilled to read of the various studies conducted on the matter because this was finally a legit trump card!  

Naturally, I had to take this newfound ammunition to my Mother.  Hopped in my car, set my cruise, turned on my tunes (to which I merrily tapped my little feet), rolled down the window, placed my arm into the wind, tapped my fingers against the steering wheel, and made my way to her house.  I wheeled in all excitedly, parked, jumped out of my car, raced up the steps, and whipped out my new trump card.  Did it help my cause?  No.  No, it did not.  She looked me dead in my eyeballs and told me that fidgeting was something ladies simply didn't do and that she didn't care what the Mayo Clinic studies indicated.  

So, I learned that fidgeting is good for me, my Mama will always carry the one, and I have excellent taste in fidget-worthy music!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I have know how fidgety you are. I do it on occasion but not nearly as much as you. I only ever had an issue with your fidgeting when you do something that creates noise and I'm trying to watch a movie...you don't hear the noise tuning it out lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, though, I don't even realize I'm doing it. Like breathing, it happens without conscious thought...lol.

      Delete