Sunday, October 26, 2014

Liam Neeson is Angry & so am I!

There's something magical about meandering through a book store, letting your fingers trail softly over the spines of new books.  I'm that person.  I will touch the books just for the sake of touching 'em.  Eve and I recently ventured into BAM to purchase some books for our impending trip to YALLFest in Charleston, SC.  (If you're interested, here's the link.  YALLFest! )  This will mark my first book event and I am beyond excited!  This isn't my normal genre, but Eve has been so very patiently exposing me to new series and new authors that I would be remiss not to explore it!  Digress, I do.  We stalked the aisles, snagging books which snagged our attention.  I am so incredibly backlogged in my reading.  Books keep piling up.  Part of my issue is that time gets the best of me.  I seemingly always have something to do or something to which I must attend.  Also, I have an awful habit of reading more than one book at a time and my brain is one of those silly brains which already goes in too many various directions all at once.  The worst part, though, is when I get mad or annoyed and I strike against a character.  And believe you me, I do!  When I read, I get invested!  My emotions get tied up and twisted!  I've been known to cry, fuss, rant, smile, giggle, fall in love, talk trash, and even toss a book.  And as awful as it sounds, once I'm mad with a character, I pretty much write 'em off.  It's rare that I seek and find redemption.

So, have you ever been mad with a character?  Did you finish the book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment